Who We Are:
Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes and our team is tasked with building a best in class Housewares retail business across the UK and German markets. As a Supplier Relationship Associate you would be owning a set of international suppliers and solving complex problems across merchandising, operations, marketing, and pricing to achieve hyper growth. Being a part of Category Management means you enjoy setting and driving a vision and operating analytically to get results, whilst keeping a hard focus on execution of high impact tasks for your team and yourself. Strong communication is critical for the success of Category Management given the interaction with almost every function and team at Wayfair to ensure alignment is tight and priorities are agreed upon. Externally, we manage supplier relationships, partnering to build sustainable e-commerce strategies with industry leading players and supporting them in their execution. Strong and extensive negotiation skills are a must in our every day job. In this context we are looking for a Berlin based Supplier Relationship Associate for our Housewares team who will be committed to fostering further, sustainable growth.
What You’ll Do
- Manage a portfolio of suppliers within the category, driving supplier development by setting strategic goals, fiercely negotiating business terms and reviewing performance
- Analyze supplier performance and benchmark against the overall category to identify long-term opportunities
- Develop a holistic strategic supplier plan in line with Wayfair’s recipe for success in order to drive profitable growth
- Support suppliers with day-to-day tactical tasks to ensure efficient operations
- Collaborate with internal teams to drive commercial, and operational opportunities for your suppliers
- Establish long-term supplier relationships in order to support your negotiations on topics such as everyday pricing, promotions, and logistical terms
What You’ll Need
- Fluency in German and English
- A graduate degree in a Business related discipline
- Demonstrable success in building business relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrable ability to lead successful commercial negotiations
- Excellent Excel skills, together with an analytical mindset and data-driven approach: demonstrated experience working with complex data to develop robust commercial recommendations
- Articulate, persuasive and personable communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to work within a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Experience in an eCommerce environment is advantageous
Assistance for Individuals with Disabilities
Wayfair is fully committed to providing equal opportunities for all individuals, including individuals with disabilities. As part of this commitment, Wayfair will make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on business operations. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need Technical Assistance?
If you are having any technical difficulty submitting your application, please reach out to our careers team at email@example.com.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
We are interested in retaining your data for a period of 12 months to consider you for suitable positions within Wayfair. Your personal data is processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice (which can found here: https://www.wayfair.com/careers/privacy). If you have any questions regarding our processing of your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would rather not have us retain your data please contact us anytime at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org